Customer Experience Innovation
Many companies find themselves struggling to create lasting product differentiation and assume that their brand equity becomes the deciding factor for customers. The unfortunate reality for many firms is that even with a strong brand, there may be limited advantage compared to key rivals who also have established brands. Competitive parity is the result. In these situations the market switches to customer experience (CX) as the basis for competition.
Winning the CX war often requires looking at your business from a new perspective. We use a toolkit of Creative Problem Solving and Innovation Design techniques to review your current CX, benchmark it against key rivals and then create new ways to achieve a competitive edge. This gives you the option of shifting the basis of competition to a market arena where you have the advantage and your rivals are obviously inferior.
How we helped a major Australian train services provider win their tender
A major Australian train service provider needed to extend their contract to operate a surburban train network for another 7 years. To avoid an open market tender process, they needed to show how they could innovate to provide excellent CX for the future of train travel in their area. They needed to do this without major capital investment (the government did not have the capital budget to replace the current rolling stock or upgrade lines and stations across the network).
Coriolis Innovation worked with Strativity Australia over a 3 month period. We used our Creative Problem Solving and Innovation Design toolkit to define what innovations to include in the bid.
In October 2016, the company won their contract extension, in part because they could show how customers could enjoy a much better experience traveling. Their investment to achieve a CX innovation advantage resulted in a contract extension for 7 years.
Benefits to your business
- Get an unprecedented customer experience edge over the competition to increase revenue and market share.
- Extend product life cycles to delay new product developments and increase return on investment.
- Create lasting emotional impacts on customers to enhance your brand equity.
- Catalyse your people’s understanding of how to do ‘little i’ innovation: where your business can implement fast.
What we do
- Research the major elements of your current CX.
- Benchmark your business against key market rivals CX.
- Identify key pain points for incremental improvements.
- Design innovations to add a new dimension to your CX.
- Help you develop change management approaches to suit your organisation.
- Build project/programme management plans for implementation.
- Business transformation guidance and support.
Cutting edge academic research meets real world implementation strategies
Incredible Innovation, Design for Implementation
We are experts at innovation design, project management and change management on a global scale. We ensure the right stakeholders buy into the plan at the right time – and that we harness collective thinking in effective ways.
Brainstorming is dead. We do it better.